Fabrication Supervisor Job description
- Supervises fabrication yard erection activities (fit up, welding and lifting).
- Supervises fabrication yard installation operations (piping installation, E.I.T.).
- Co-ordinates and interfaces between fabrication/installation and pre-fabrication activities.
- Co-ordinates sub-contractors involved in the assembly stages.
- Ensures compliance with safety procedures and quality standards.
- Searches for the most efficient technical solutions.
- Provides quantitative data for producing the progress reports.
- Have an Associate's or BS degree in a technical field or extensive natural gas/oil industry experience.
- Have a minimum 5-7 years construction, inspection and commissioning experience with oil & gas pipelines, gas processing plants, and gas gathering projects.
- Have strong working knowledge of construction contracts, contractor inspection procedures and construction work sequences for plants and pipelines.
- Have working knowledge of codes & standards such as ASME, DOT, API, OSHA, and AWS inspection procedures.
- Have experience utilizing MS Project for project scheduling (preferred).