Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) is recruiting an Assurance Support
• Competitive package in the order of 40,000-45,000 Euro
• Permanent Full time
• Home office, preferably based in Germany or Netherlands
About the role, This is a newly created role reports to the Director of Assurance works with the ASI team to support a growing portfolio of company certification and audit firm accreditation processes. We are seeking a recent graduate/postgraduate with experience or interest in assurance and compliance programs to work with our dynamic team.
The purpose of the role is to work with the ASI assurance team to support the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of ASI Certification and ASI Accreditation workflows in a global context, and contribute to ASI’s mission of responsible production, sourcing, and stewardship of aluminium.
Key duties and responsibilities: The position will include the following responsibilities, within the direction and support of the broader assurance team:
• Processing initial audit firm and individual auditor accreditation applications to ASI
• Reviewing and processing updates to existing auditor accreditations
• Liaison with applicants from more than 40 countries
• Tracking and liaison regarding initial and ongoing mandatory training expectations for auditors
• Liaison and support with auditors regarding proctored examination processes.
• Processing oversight activities for submitted ASI audit reports
• Liaison with members and auditors from more than 40 countries
• Tracking of certification periods and member deadlines to support program integrity
• Assistance in pre-audit review processes for larger scope audits.
• Develop competency for member and auditor support for straightforward inquiries
• Support for database and document controls
• Analyses of data and key metrics to inform internal projects and planning
• Contributions to cross-team projects in areas such as training development, data alignment, data visualization, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of program impacts
• Other duties as agreed and as the role may evolve.
• Gain a detailed understanding of ASI’s standards and assurance processes
• Work within ASI’s policies and procedures
• Promote quality and continuous improvement in ASI’s activities
• Work collaboratively with key external stakeholders and partners
• Support the broader work of the ASI Secretariat in relevant workstreams.
Desired skills and experience We are looking for an early career professional that has:
• Graduate qualifications and at least one year of experience (preferably up to 3 years) OR postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline in business, management, sciences, engineering, or similar
• Knowledge of key environmental, social, and/or governance topics for the aluminum value chain
• Experience working with databases and/or qualitative or quantitative datasets
• Experience in managing workflows and timelines
• Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience with the aluminum value chain (producers and/or users of aluminum) or similar industries is valuable
• Experience with certification or industry compliance programs is valuable
• Proficiency with MS Office and general business tools for cloud-based collaboration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to convey technical information to a range of stakeholders
• High level of interpersonal skills, in particular, cross-cultural communication
• Additional language competencies are desirable
• Enjoy collaborating with others and embrace feedback
• Passion for quality and keen attention to detail
• Can prioritize activities to maximize benefit and impact
• Thrive working independently with remote management in a decentralized team
About Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI)
The Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) is a dynamic and ambitious organisation dedicated to the responsible production, sourcing and stewardship of aluminium globally. Our vision is to maximise the contribution of aluminium to a sustainable society.
All current members of the ASI Secretariat work from a home office in various countries (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Netherlands, UK), collaborating as a virtual team with periodic in-person meetings.
ASI is incorporated in Australia as a non-profit organisation and Registered Charity, and is run by a dedicated and globally distributed Secretariat. More information on ASI can be found at: www.aluminium-stewardship.org
ASI team culture
Like our membership and ambitions, the ASI team is growing and we seek accomplished colleagues who enjoy working:
• As a virtual team with flexible working arrangements that can support work-life balance
• Closely and collaboratively across all cross-functional projects and issues
• Sharing knowledge and progress to support team learning and organisational improvement
• In partnership with a wide range of stakeholders
• Being responsive, fair, honest and open with everyone we deal with
• Keeping our sense of humour and collegiality!
ASI aims to have a positive and clearly articulated team culture that we all understand and strive to implement. We are focused on making sure we have great colleagues, a culture of candour, that we each strive to lead with context, and together act in ASI’s best interest. We provide development coaching and team workshops to enable individuals and teams to reach their potential
Important to note:
o All candidates must have the authorization to work in their designated home country.
o Preliminary interviews will be conducted through web-based conferencing. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
o The offer is also subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
o The salary takes into account experience, location, and benefits required by law in the candidate’s location, such as pension and leave allowances.
ASI is an equal opportunity employer. We support flexible, home-based working, and so the pattern of daily working hours may vary according to operational and personal needs. ASI works across different time zones, and early morning or evening work may be required occasionally to connect with the team and our stakeholders.
If you have accessibility requirements or require additional support to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact Gia on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
• resume (no more than 2 pages, no photos)
• cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which addresses how your education and experience align with the position. Please indicate your starting date availability and where you learned about the position
Publication end date
- Administration & Secretarial
- Business & Strategy
- Process & Operations