Area Sales Manager
Description Area Sales Manager
For our client, a key player in the polyester chemistry and composite industry, we are looking for a Technical Area Sales Manager for Belgium and Luxembourg.
As Area Sales Manager you are responsible for :
- Increasing and defending customer profitability and sales volumes in your sales area
- Building customer relations and providing technical service
- Identifying new sales opportunities
- Orchestrating multifunctional resources internally and externally
- Promote and sell full product range and services of one stop shopping
- Optimizing entrepreneurial result in the defined geographical area.
- Execute the defined SHE and Quality Policies for Commercial sales roles
- Define and propose sales budget and achieve agreed sales budget
- Optimize area potential and actively research for new customers/applications
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the customer to enable opportunities for extra growth - selling across the product range and ensure retention of customers
- Ensure that market information is provided to Telesales, Purchasing and others
- Develop action plans, agree allocation of tasks and regularly review area performance
- Provide customer with technical support within defined limits in exchange for sales
- Identify trends, threats and opportunities in the market place including monitoring competitor activity
- Propose new products to Management
- Co-ordinate activities with Technical service management of suppliers
- Ensure product knowledge is up to date, participate in defined product promotions
- Actively participate in training and act as a trainer (products) to internal staff
- Act as a ‘expert’ in defined expertise areas e.g. Hand layup and demonstrate products/applications to customers
- Proactively visit and communicate with customers and prospects on a regular basis
- Analyze customer buying patterns
- Maintain a close link with credit control, recommend trading limits and aid in collection of overdue outstandings.
- Resolve customer complaint handling for customers and take corrective commercial settlement with customers within defined limits.
- Comply with company Values, “People, Planet, Profit”, HR policies, minimum requirements and guidelines.
- Actively coach and develop team members
- Actively participate in regional initiatives related to the industry, such as tradeshows, platforms and networking opportunities.
Requirements Area Sales Manager
- Bachelor degree preferably in a Technical or Commercial discipline
- 3-5 years of experience either in Polyester/Composite technology related industries or in a Technical
- commercial role.
- A drive for new business development and commercial orientation is a must.
- Mother tongue in either Dutch or French. Very good Dutch, French and English skills are essential to
- communicate to the customers and within the organization.
- Good team player personality, positive working attitude and a high service orientation
- Able and willing to travel locally and visit customers approximately 80% of the time.
This is a company profile
How to apply
This is application procedure
Publication end date
- Sales & Procurement
- Customer Support/ Client Care
- Administration & Secretarial
- To be determined
Other jobs of this company: