Childcare Practitioner Day Care
Description Childcare Practitioner Day Care
Reports to: Location Manager
Zein is a successful and growing company with multiple locations in The Hague. As the leading provider in International Day Care, Pre-School, After School Care and Holiday Camps in the Netherlands, we are dedicated to providing quality international childcare, positive interactive learning and memorable experiences.
We are now seeking highly motivated teachers to guide, inspire and be part of an international, friendly, vibrant and dynamic team looking after children between 0-4 years old. Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Recent childhood and childcare graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Day-to-day guidance and active supervision of the children whilst following childcare health and safety regulations and Zein standards
- Plan and engage children in fun play-based, age appropriate developmental activities, in line with monthly and weekly themes built around Zein visionary curriculum
- Create positive learning environments including resources based on child-centered learning
- Oversee the feeding and general well-being of the children
- Apply strategies to guide positive children's behaviour
- Build good, open and effective communication with children, families and staff
- Observe and record children's growth, development and behaviour as well analyse implication for further learning and development
- Carry out Bi-annual evaluation of assigned children in line with developmental milestones
- Participate in annual progress report meeting with parents
- Ensure the indoor and outdoor learning environments are clean, hygienic and safe
- Undertake administrative and other tasks as required
Requirements Childcare Practitioner Day Care
- Relevant child care qualifications (preferably Early Childhood Education)
- Experience working in a childcare setting
- Fantastic organisational and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill (Knowledge is Dutch or another European language is desirable)
- A good level of computer literacy
- Current First Aid certificate
- A good understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Possession of qualifications to work in Childcare in the Netherlands (for all foreign applicants– IDW/DUO)
Zein International Childcare’s mission & philosophy is based on providing an internationally oriented nurturing learning environment. This environment is one which seeks to understand cross-cultural experiences and their impact on children. It provides a place where the needs and abilities of international children are recognized, stimulated and guided; helping develop the necessary competences for children to achieve their potential.
The Zein pedagogic programme is based upon an integration of aspects of the Reggio Emilia approach, Montessori methods and a Themed Approach to learning. Taking these recognised methodologies as a basis, Robbie Zein has developed a programme which takes particular account of the needs and circumstances a child-centered philosophy of Third Culture Kids.
Embedded into the Zein pedagogic approach is the use of the Choices system - a child-centered philosophy revolving around children being encouraged to be themselves - shifting the adult’s role from punisher to empathising guide. By using this system, children are guided into making choices that have positive consequences for them and others around them.
The combination of the Choices system, and the broader aspects of the Zein themed approach, acknowledges the inter-connectedness of learning.
Our children learn through exploration and discovery and we take care to ensure we create an environment rich in diverse learning stimulants – ‘Learning Zones’ that help promote independence and an appreciation of every day skills, however young the child. We continually invest in our children’s socio-emotional growth – a critical area for transient TCKs. Through showing children how much we appreciate and value them we are able to provide a stable ‘home from home’ environment that aids their self-esteem and overall development.
Offer Childcare Practitioner Day Care
- Attractive salary and benefits in line with CAO stipulations
- Opportunity to work in the largest expat day care in Europe
- Introduction to Third Culture Kids (TCK)
- Participation in excellent training programmes
Publication end date
- Education& Training
- South Holland