Description FINANCE MANAGER
Reports to: Country Director, Venezuela with dotted line to Controller, HQ Direct Reports: Venezuela Finance department
HIAS seeks a Finance Manager to oversee day-to-day effective and efficient management of all financial activates and operations of the HIAS Venezuela office. S/he will ensure maintenance and high standards of accounting records, internal controls in accordance with International Accounting Standards, administration standards, Venezuela laws and regulations, and executes established financial policies and procedures. The Finance Manager directs all accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, payroll, bank reconciliations, audit, insurance, local tax reporting, and fixed assets at the Country level. S/he also ensures accurate and timely preparation of internal financial reports and submission for external reporting.
The Finance Manager will report directly into the Venezuela Country Director with a dotted line into the Controller in HQ. S/he also works closely with HQ Finance and Grants Compliance management team and oversees the Finance Department in Venezuela.
Financial Statements and External Reporting
Oversees the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
Ensures timely and accurate monthly close of General Ledger.
Compiles cash flow forecast and forward monthly cash request to HQ on a timely basis.
Ensures that financial reports for all donors, local compliance and HQ are submitted in a timely manner.
Monitors country and field office cash flow to ensure there is adequate cash to fund operations.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
Ensures compliance with all HIAS policies and procedures as outlined in policy manuals and in accordance with local statutory requirements.
Oversees all financial audits of the operations in Venezuela.
Reviews payroll, payroll control sheets, and allocations.
Ensures that financial transactions are coded correctly.
Budgets and Budgetary Controls:
Works with the Country Director and program team in the preparation of country office budgets, program budgets and proposals.
Prepares, analyzes and reports to the country director and HQ monthly budget vs actual analysis.
Ensures controls of expenses assigned to grants and work directly with program managers and country director to manage actual expenses.
Oversees all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies, GAAP and governmental regulations.
Reviews key monthly account analyses; bank reconciliations, G/L to subsidiary ledger reconciliation.
Maintains structure and ensures maximization of accounting software.
Ensures monthly closes are completed on a regular and timely basis.
Payroll Management in Collaboration with HR:
Works in close cooperation with the HR to process monthly payroll and ensure that payroll is completed in compliance with Venezuelan tax and labor requirements.
Works with HR to ensure adequate training to employees on timesheet processes and procedures.
Ensures timesheets are completed in timely submission with adequate approval, accuracy, in alignment with funding and filings.
Management and Capacity Building:
Leads and overall oversight of the Finance Department and provides consistent leadership to department personnel through regular meetings, effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
Conducts regular training to HIAS Venezuela employees on finical policies and procedures and best practices.
Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
Communicates fiscal policies and procedures to all HIAS employees.
Leads and participates in special projects that further the goals of the Accounting and Finance Department.
Stays abreast of trends and changes in the accounting field and capacity builds department on such.
Maintains the highest level of confidentiality regarding discussions and decisions made by Senior Management and takes all required actions to ensure that staff adhere to these requirements.
Requirements FINANCE MANAGER
Qualification and Experience
- Graduate degree or other post-graduate qualification in finance or accounting (will consider experience in lieu of Master’s degree).
- Authorization/ability to work in Venezuela or surrounding Latin American countries.
- CPA designation preferred.
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in an Accounting or Finance position with accounting and budgeting responsibilities and at least three (3) to four (4) years in a INGO or similar field.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in supervisory/management role, managing, mentoring, and building capacity of direct reports.
- Knowledgeable of Venezuela laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in Saint or Microsoft Great Plains
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft office suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; capability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team and independently, take initiative, prioritize competing tasks and meet deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish and English is highly desirable; strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience upholding the highest ethical standards in previous roles required.
- Ability to travel throughout Venezuela to HIAS field office locations and for meetings, as required; ability to travel internally on behalf of HIAS, as required
HIAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS.
How to apply
Publication end date
- Finance & Accounting