Description Freight manager
As a freight manager you will have the following tasks:
- Manage and improve the invoice verification process of freight invoices.
- Manage and handle freight invoice process from invoice receipt till final approval via SAP workflow.
- Manage invoice disputes with service providers and ensure adequate and timely resolution.
- Ensure invoice dashboard is maintained to provide accurate data to support business decisions.
- Maintain and improve KPIs and reports.
- Support EU distribution team in business case development and opportunity searches by providing financial data.
- Manage relationship with third party freight auditing company.
- Regular performance and business reviews with supply chain partners on current business, escalations, reporting and improvements.
- Identifies and develop plans to optimize internal processes and procedures.
- Supports logistics manager and other internal stakeholders in escalating issues to supply chain partners.
- Maintain and manage agreements with supply chain partners on invoice verification and payment.
- Support Business analysis manager with financial data.
- Ensures detailed data set is delivered to freight audited company by supply chain partners.
- Ensure system output is delivered to freight audited company. This includes on time payment of verified freight invoices, professional dispute handling and resolution and accurate metrics on financial performance.
You will work under minimal direction as work is guided by operational and project objectives. This means managing multiple assignments and processes independently and aligning upfront on dispute handling an invoice payments with the senior Manager supply chain.
Requirements Freight manager
The right candidate for this position has a Bachelor or master degree, preferably in finance or logistics and 0-3 years of work experience. You understand processes quickly and have a good insight and visualizing. Next to this you are fluent in English and have strong analytical skills (MS Excel) and have the ability to distill insight. You also have knowledge of the financial closing cycle, experience in SAP and BW.
In terms of personality you are an independent self started, able to work under pressure and autonomously. Next to this you are a natural relationship builder as you know when to be soft and tough. You are focused on result and have a proven ability to deliver results next to having strong negotiating and persuasion skills. Lastly you have strong communication and presentation skills and you are able to oversee processes beyond your own department.
This international company is active in the pharmaceutical industry and is looking for a freight manager for a temporary position for around 5 months. This is a fulltime (40 hours a week) position in which occasion travel is required and also participation in conference call out side of working hours.
Offer Freight manager
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience.
If you are interested in this vacancy, you can apply by clicking on the button above. Your application will be sent directly to the recruiter in charge.
IMPORTANT: if you are not yet registered with Undutchables we kindly ask you to do so. Your information will be handled in the strictest confidence and your CV will not be sent to a company unless you have given prior permission.We will invite you for an extensive interview, as soon as any potential job opportunities arise. We will advise you on issues regarding employment in the Netherlands. Then, if possible, we will introduce you to a prospective company and provide support during the selection procedure.
Publication end date
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- North Brabant
- 2700 - 3200 Euro
- 2300 - 2700 Euro
- Recruitment Agency
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- CSR/ supply chain administrator native level German speaker
- Customer Support Representative for the Nordic market
- Technical Customer Service Representative - Native level English
- Sales/E-commerce Representative native level German speaking