IT Helpdesk Assistant - 6 months contract - Start: ASAP (must be Immediately available)
Description IT Helpdesk Assistant - 6 months contract - Start: ASAP (must be Immediately available)
Our Client’s IT Helpdesk team currently consists of 4 people who support 300 personnel onsite and a further 900 that are based around Europe. In order to manage such numbers, they use the ticketing system called Service Now, which enables them to set priorities in order to meet the expectation of their customers. Their key focus is supporting their customers in a timely and structured manner. As the IT department is relatively small, you will find yourself working closely with the Network/Server/Security teams in order to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- IT Helpdesk assistant who will be responsible for daily operations support.
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day activities, globally ensuring that service levels are maintained.
- They will be a vocal point for reporting Operational and Security incidents and a coordinator of their resolution and follow-up.
- The candidate will be self-motivated and responsible.
- The ability to prioritize under challenging workloads and operations under time constraint is crucial.
- They must follow established procedures and sufficiently document change and resolution steps.
- Using monitoring applications to identify incidents.
- Participate in Rotational Shifts Early- and late morning.
- Monitoring Service Now ticket system and react as required by the documented procedures.
- Raise, assign, escalate and follow up Operational and Security Incidents in accordance with the company’s Incident Management process; performs tracking and management of Incidents to resolution.
- Serve as a vocal point for communication from third-party service providers.
- Own communication of the Operational incidents to internal customers
- Perform initial troubleshooting, incident analysis of all issues and system alerts
- Provide input and feedback for the development and improvement of service desk communications processes and procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks in ServiceNow, contact, Asset management and
- other documentation or systems
Requirements IT Helpdesk Assistant - 6 months contract - Start: ASAP (must be Immediately available)
- Minimum 1 years of related experience on a service desk
- Experience working in a framework of formal Incident Management processes and exposure to company-wide ticketing systems are essential
- Working knowledge of basic server configuration
- Able to travel at short notice
- ITIL foundation holder would be advantageous
- Familiar with basic troubleshooting Windows 7/10, Cisco Call Manager, Network environments advantageous
- Personal competencies:
- Efficient multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Stress resilience
- Ability to think constructively in a crisis situation
- Self-motivation with high degree of discipline
- Dynamic and flexible thought processes
- Strong orientation on results
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally in English
- The ability to recognize recurring incidents and document for knowledge base purposes essential
- Strong inter-personal skills; team player
How to apply
Publication end date
- Information Technology (ICT)
- To be determined