Description Junior Attorney
Our client, a global market leader in the technology field, is seeking a Junior Attorney for their legal department. The Junior Attorney will be part of the Netherlands legal team and reports directly to the Netherlands Subsidiary Attorney.
- Advise internal business clients on a broad range of legal, business, and transactional issues, including public procurement, intellectual property, data protection, privacy, and security.
- Conduct legal research on various topics (e.g., privacy, security, international or local law, and other corporate matters).
- Draft provisions and advise internal clients on various contractual topics (including standard volume licensing contracts and other programmatic offerings).
- Engage with legal colleagues in regional commercial, corporate commercial and products and services groups to identify and share best practices, foster communication and collaboration, and contribute to the broader legal community.
- Assist internal business clients with completing or assessing standard/programmatic agreement templates.
- Provide internal trainings to internal business clients on a wide range of topics that may arise in the sales and marketing of client products and services, including, for example, on compliance and client policies.
Requirements Junior Attorney
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent higher degree in law with excellent academic credentials
- Admitted to Practice Law in the Netherlands
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (written and spoken)
- Recent graduates with an interest in a commercial in-house counsel career
The following experiences would be viewed as a bonus:
- Experience from international settings
- Court clerkship.
- Law firm experience
- Experience dealing with public procurement processes, compliance issues, and IT and privacy-related issues
Desired personal attributes
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent communication, cross-cultural, and interpersonal skills
- Strong team-working ability
- Strong relationship-building ability
- Flexible and open attitude to internal client demands
- Non-prestigious approach
- Combines a hands-on approach with a strategic view
- Displays drive, energy, and initiative
- Organizational agility
- Able to manage multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Focuses on facilitating or delivering a solution
- Regularly thinks outside the given parameters to see if there is a more effective way to accomplish the task than what is currently being deployed
- Welcomes learning and growth experiences, and turns hardships or failures into “lessons learned”
How to apply
Publication end date
- To be determined