Job description Patent Administrator
For our client – a prestigious international client – we are currently looking for an experienced Patent Administrator to work in the European patent group located in Amsterdam to protect their rights to innovations.
- Review patent correspondence, extract relevant information and coordinate disposition
- Initiate filing of EP and PCT applications, including preparing complex legal documents for such patent filings
- Deal with formal requirements such as preparing and filing of subsequent documents with the European Patent Office (EPO)
- Receiving instructions from the Patent Case Managers.
- Maintain and follow up on docket of prosecution deadlines.
- Maintain records related to prosecution of patent applications.
- Support special projects related to our client's world-wide patent portfolio
- Work with internal patent attorneys and international law firms utilizing in-depth knowledge of foreign patent rules and requirements
- Docket and review docketing of patent information for accurate and appropriate entry into docket
- Establish good working relationships with other IP group and Legal department personnel
- Update policies and procedures as directed to accommodate changes in internal accounts and legal considerations
- Ensure compliance with patent handling procedures
- Provide other support services as directed by manager or any member of the management team.
- Support the European patent team in general office tasks such as organizing travel and meetings
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed
- Provide backup to other Patent Paralegals / Administrators and docketing personnel; assumes responsibility for essential functions related to patents and trademarks on a backup basis or as needed
- Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives
- Assist on all patent matters as required.
Job requirements Patent Administrator
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business, legal, or related fields, or the equivalent in experience.
- Paralegal certification a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience with CPI (Computer Packages Inc.) IP Management System, or other docketing systems highly desirable.
- Experience with ePCT is desirable
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of EPO applications, such as: EPO Online Account, CMS, EPO filing software
- Ability to read, analyze, extract and input relevant information accurately from legal documents.
- Patent research skills are desirable, including working knowledge of online research tools in PAIR, Espacenet, PATENTSCOPE, and other foreign patent office databases.
- The ability and willingness to learn new software applications is essential.
- Proven ability to work independently in meeting firm deadlines with precision and accuracy.
- Strong oral, written and organizational skills.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Publication end date
- Administration & Secretarial
- North Holland
- 2700 - 3200 Euro