Description Production Editor
The Multilingual Publishing Group (MPG) is responsible for the content and communities strategies supporting the IB's vision, mission and business models. The MPG facilitates content and product creation and their delivery in multiple languages through the entire content lifecycle of all IB products. The MPG also facilitates the building and operation of the IB's online communities, a network of environments and participants helping to deliver IB programmes and foster the IB's vision and mission widely.
The Production Editor works on the production of program publications and commercial titles in print and digital format as well as other document types for a variety of global and regional departments. He or she oversees the publishing process for materials in various languages and works closely with external suppliers and with other IB staff to ensure the quality, timeliness and cost-effectiveness of the process and outputs. The jobholder undertakes English language editorial work to ensure compliance with house style.
Requirements Production Editor
- The preferred candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Publishing or related major, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command of the English language, equivalent to that of an educated native English speaker
- Professional command of one or more additional IB working languages (French and/or Spanish)
- Proven production editorial experience in a digital publishing environment (minimum 2 years).
- Excellent project management skills, including time management and organizational skills, and good interpersonal skills.
- An excellent eye for detail, and the ability to complete work accurately and consistently.
- Experience with a range of publishing technology tools and an aptitude to learn new software packages quickly and competently.
- Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB graduate is a plus.
Offer Production Editor
*The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer*
How to apply
Please use the APPLY button below
Publication end date
- South Holland
- Direct employment/ Company