WEB AND CONTENT EDITOR
Description WEB AND CONTENT EDITOR
Closing date 4 January 2018
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is a leading, innovative and growing university that is at the heart of society and actively contributes to new developments in teaching and research. Our university has nine faculties which span a wide range of disciplines, as well as several institutes, foundations, research centres, and support services. Our campus is located in the fastest-growing economic region in the Netherlands (the Zuidas district of Amsterdam), and provides work for over 4,500 staff and scientific education for more than 23,000 students.
The Communications & Marketing Department (C&M) supports Teaching and Research and the university’s organization by continuously contributing to VU Amsterdam's "looking further" identity and a VU Amsterdam brand that sets us apart from other universities. C&M translates the needs of clients at the various university faculties and services into communication activities that correspond closely with the content of Teaching and Research. The focus here is on cohesion throughout the university and clear goals with measurable results. The department’s professionals have a clear division of tasks and responsibilities including the coordination and realization of and strategy for communication activities. C&M Service Departments have been grouped to streamline integrated support from various C&M services into three faculty teams and one team for service departments.
C&M is seeking a Web and Content Editor to manage various university websites and intranet, and to create, coordinate and manage content. The ideal candidate combines technical skills relating to online communications, working knowledge of system and performance reporting, and writing and editing skills. The Web and Content Editor will work within the communications team of the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Social Sciences and the School of Business and Economics, and will report to the Head of Communications.
- Maintains, updates, optimises and archives university websites and intranet. Reviews sites to ensure compliance with standards, advises on how sites can add more value, keeps content up to date, and implements new technologies or social features.
- Collects input from stakeholders across the university and creates, edits and publishes content – including copy, video, photos, and graphics – for university websites and intranet.
- Implements and optimises policies, guidelines, and templates to encourage cooperation and coordination. Proactively informs stakeholders across the university about web best practices and online communication processes and standards. Ensures adherence to standards for online communication through proofreading, consistent use of language and the university’s style guide.
- Manages web analytics and performance. Determines and recommends performance measures based on web analytics to inform content strategy and website navigation.
- Works as part of the communications team, consults regularly with fellow web and content editors, users, content owners and IT across the university, and provides input for university-wide web projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements WEB AND CONTENT EDITOR
- An excellent, (near) native command of the English language. Fluency in Dutch.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field such as communications, marketing, public relations or journalism. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Technically savvy and voracious with learning about the latest online technologies.
- Working knowledge of and experience with web content management systems. Experience with SDL Web/Tridion is desirable.
- Working knowledge of and experience with SEO, Google Analytics and analysing data.
- Demonstrated storytelling skills: you are comfortable writing in a variety of tones to appeal to our various audiences. Photo and video editing skills are desirable.
- Demonstrated organizational and motivational skills. You have a flexible, pragmatic attitude and remain resilient in a dynamic working environment.
- Understanding of web production and release processes, including experience with website tools and technologies.
- Experience in professional use of social media is desirable.
- Experience in higher education is desirable.
C&M related competencies
- Commitment to the client
Job related competencies
- Analytical capacity
- Organisational sensitivity
- Written fluency
- Result orientation
Offer WEB AND CONTENT EDITOR
The selected candidate should ideally be able to take up the position as soon as possible after the selection process. The appointment is initially for one year. You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl.
The salary is in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience, range from a minimum of € 2.465,- gross per month up to a maximum of € 3.292,- gross per month (salary scale 8) based on fulltime employment.
How to apply
For additional information about this vacancy, please contact Ms. Jessica Brouwer, Head of Communications, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter, with motivation and curriculum vitae, mentioning the vacancy number in the e-mail header, before 4 January 2018 to: Ms. Jessica Brouwer, Head of Communications, via the 'Apply' button below.
You can also use this link: https://vrijeuniversiteitamsterdam.has-jobs.com/web_and_content_editor_amsterdam/182855/V260/apply
Any other correspondence in response to this advertisement will not be dealt with.
Publication end date
- Editorial Writing & Translation
- North Holland
- 2300 - 2700 Euro
- 2700 - 3200 Euro