Rig Mechanical Job description
- Shall provide for preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance and for the repair of internal combustion engines, pumps, compressors and drilling related equipment of the rig;
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed and that all equipment related paperwork are carried out within his area of responsibility, such as maintenance records, updating of service and instruction manuals, instructing procedures, etc.; 3) Be familiar with reporting routines regarding the EDP based maintenance system on board;
- Keep the stock of spare parts and consumables at the appropriate level by verifying the stock levels and reporting to his/her superiors the deficiencies taking in consideration future maintenance requirements and delivery time;
- Monitors the reliability of spare parts utilized;
- Supervise the disassembly, loading, unloading and assembly of the power plant and drilling equipment during land rig transfer activities;
- Be familiar with all classification society and authorities rules and regulations applicable to his area of responsibility;
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to;
- Be safety conscious in all his work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Ensure he/she is familiar with all applicable work and safety procedures, and promote implementation of same;
- Ensure that before any maintenance activity is started, a proper investigation is carried out, precautions have been taken and the “work permit” has been signed;
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him/her for assistance of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety precautions to be taken prior to start-up of any work;
- Ensure that personnel working under his/her supervision as well as him/herself carry life vests and safety lines when working in exposed area or in around the moonpool;
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, Non-Conformances and safety hazards to his/her immediate superior;
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held on board;
- Carry out his/her duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan when needed;
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her working areas;
- At least 8 years experience on land / offshore drilling Rigs. Of these years, minimum 5 years must be as a Chief Mechanic.
- Holding a degree / diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- The individual has Safety, Communication & supervisory skills
- Proficient in Computer.
- Top drive experience
- Fluent in English language.