Coating, Painting QC Inspector Job description
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Control of storage and certification of consumables.
- Performs qualifications of coating processes.
- Checks surface preparation.
- Checks and records atmospheric conditions prior to starting of painting operations.
- Carries out wet and dry film thickness checks.
- Monitors observations of the correct coding cycles.
- Verifies the correct colour-coding and painting.
- Performs visuals inspections.
- Performs adhesion testing.
- Performs penetration testing.
- Evaluates impact testing.
- Performs visual checks after blasting.
- Current offshore BOSIET / Survival Certificate (preferred);
- NACE 2 or B GAS / FROSIO accreditation;
- Seaman's Book (preferred);
- Minimum 5 years experience as Coating Inspector.