Electrical Lead Job description
- Tender and job start-up:
- Acquires and understand the Project goals from Contract, specific documentation and the kick-off meeting.
- Contributes to define the Discipline list of activities, list of deliverables, time schedule, control of Discipline activities in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Produces a detailed list of in / out critical information to be closely monitored by PEM for a correct course of the project.
- Produces the methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines.
- Prepares and performs the Electrical design review.
Job progress and completion:
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements and the contractual obligations.
- Takes any corrective action within the Specialists group necessary for this purpose or reports to PEM for more extensive problems.
- Is the technical reference for Specialists and Designers and ensure the participation to the interdisciplinary activities. Monitors and reports actual progress / check for Discipline activities, including control of men-hours quantities and delivered documents; particular care is required for sub-contracted activities.
- Coordinates the evaluation of the design changes to the original scope of work and verifies the implementation of those approved.
- Is aware and keep track of all interface ( in / out ) information.
- Checks and signs all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings, etc.
- Attends to internal review activities and inter-discipline check meetings.
- Provides technical support to Project group.
- Provides technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work. Reports to the Project staff and to the Client whenever required.
- Prepares the feedback dossier.
- Accredited engineering degree. Preferable BSEE degree.
- Typically has 15 years of detail electrical engineering experience.
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
- Is capable of appropriate use of computer applications and other specialized engineering tools.
- When working on jobsite: VCA-VOL.
- Coach and Mentor to all within the department
- Interaction with MOPEX Offices.
- Able to judge output reports of EDSA, SPEL, ETAP.
- Able to guide integrated database approach.
- Understand MARIAN, INTOOLS, PDMS and have general knowledge of other interdisciplinary IT Tools.