Mechanical Lead Job description
- Ensures the Equipment engineering support to different projects Tenders and job start-up.
- Acquires and understands the Project goals from Contract, specific documentation and the kick-off meeting.
- Sets up the procedure for the control of Discipline activities.
- Contributes to define the Discipline list of activities, list of deliverables and time schedule in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Produces a detailed list of in / out critical information to be closely monitored by PEM for a correct course of the project.
- Produces the methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines.
- Assists the Discipline Coordinator in the Project team of Specialists set up and in verifying the effectiveness of working instruments. Project Execution and Job progress and completion.
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements and the contractual obligations.
- Takes any corrective action within the Specialists group necessary for this purpose or reports to PEM for more extensive problems.
- Is the technical reference for Specialists and Designers and ensure the participation to the interdisciplinary activities. Monitor and reports actual progress / check for Equipment and Packages Discipline activities, including control of men-hours and delivered documents; particular care is required for sub-contracted activities.
- Coordinates the evaluation of the design changes to the original scope of work and verify the implementation of those approved.
- Is aware and keep track of all interface ( in / out ) information.
- Checks and signs all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings, etc.
- Attends to internal review activities and inter-discipline check meetings.
- Provides technical support to Project group.
- Provides technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work
- Reports to the Project staff and to the Client whenever required.
- Ensures follow-up activities.
- Minimum 15 years experience in the offshore design engineering area of the Oil and Gas industry (topsides, jackets, subsea scopes)
- Relevant Engineering Degree required
- Considerable experience of Concept, FEED and Detailed Design engineering
- Experience taking on a similar role on an offshore, brownfield modification project – gas project is preferred
- Experience of PMC or Client side management of EPC’s is beneficial