Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Job description
- To ensure for equipment and facilities:
- the implementation of preventive maintenance programs;
- the implementation of special maintenance and control of technical results;
- arrangements for handling operations or long-term storage;
- the notification of obsolete equipment, with request for relevant elimination from assets;
- the checking of expense forecasts for maintenance activities and facility renewal;
- the collection and entry of data necessary to update the facility and equipment management archive;
- on the basis of programmed activities and operating conditions, prompt notification of spare part requirements to compensate deviations from routine and special maintenance demands;
- that the quality of machine, equipment or plant maintenance operations, including those carried out by third parties, is in line with reference standards;
- the updating of data concerning the certification of machines and equipment, by making arrangements to check current validity of said certification;
- the traceability of required certification, according to the area of use, with arrangements to check current validity of said certification;
- co-ordination of maintenance personnel, proposing technical improvements according to the characteristics of said co-ordination;
- the maintenance of relations with inspection and technical qualification organizations in reference to the area of responsibility;
- enactment of alert safety bulletins, non-conformance reports and failure reports, by actuation of relevant activities;
- co-ordination of repair activities in the event of serious damage to plants or facilities operating in the geographical area of responsibility;
- collaboration in modification to plants and equipment to ensure operating capacity of the same;
- on the basis of data received, the proposal of the modification to preventive maintenance schedules.
- Knowledgeable in safety requirements for major turnaround and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in the oil and gas industry is required.
- Hands-on experience with static and/or rotating equipment, and attended major overhauls for gas processing facilities including pumps, gas compressors, and special purpose steam turbines.
- Fluent English
- Skills in developing technical reports.