Mechanical works QC Inspector Job description
- Executes the specific inspections on materials, equipments and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issues the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, writes and sends to QC Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Controls equipment installation, alignment and leveling
- Performs functional checks and mechanical completion checks (Pressure and atmospheric vessel)
- Trays inspection (dimensional check, water tightness test).
- Checks of levelness, position, orientation, anchor bolts, conduits, etc. of tanks foundation
- Performs hydrostatic test of tank and measurement of pad settlement.
- Storages tank internal inspection. 9. Performs punch-listing operations.
- Verify special processes and the relevant workers’ qualifications.
- Witness the tests, controls and inspections, guarantee inspection status control for parts of the plant within his area of responsibility, authorizing their acceptance at quality control completion, obtain the relevant documentation and ensure the correct implementation of the approved Inspection Test Plan according to Client’s requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a science-related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in oil and gas production or processing industries including a proactive attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, and environmentally responsible operations.
- Minimum 3 years experience with mechanical integrity programs and in-service inspection of operating facilities.
- Knowledge of recognized and generally accepted good engineering practice fregulations and codes (e.g. DoT 49 CFR Part 192), industry standards for MI, risk based inspection principles, and in-service MI methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of root cause failure analysis techniques, inspection techniques (x-ray, NDT, etc.), corrosion, cathodic protection, etc.
- Certifications or thorough knowledge of related industry codes & standards such as API 510 (Pressure Vessel Inspection), API 570 (Piping Inspection), and API 653 (Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection)
- Previous experience managing contract NDT inspectors or QA/QC inspectors
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, specifically in Ms Office Suite
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.