Methods Engineer Job description
- Report to a Project Engineer (if any) or in case of sufficient seniority perform part of project engineering functions. In case of insufficient seniority report to an Expert Method Engineer or to a Project Engineer.
- Draw up a general engineering schedule as stipulated by the contract to be revised by the Project.
- Identify technical problems and make the necessary technical decisions within the limitations imposed by contractual requirements.
- Draw up definitions and detailed specifications of tasks and sub-tasks or supervise their drafting by other resources if requested.
- Define the materials or services to be purchased for engineering tasks within the allocated resource budget, in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
- Approve all the technical design necessary for the purchase and/or construction of products to be supplied to the Client.
- Participate to meetings to examine and, if necessary, audit the technical design, and take part in technical examinations with the Client. Cost and scheduling decisions which influence contractual obligations or other functions must be approved by the Project Engineer (if any) and communicated to the Engineering Manager and Project Manager.
- Notify the Project Engineer (if any) and Engineering Manager of any problems occurring with any other engineering areas.
- Perform all the necessary engineering verifications and calculations necessary for the methodology to be implemented.
- Supervise and verify the drafting describing the methodology to be implemented.
- Summarize and clarify in a manual all methodology activities, clearly identifying the show stoppers (if any). Transfer inside the manual all useful data derived by analyses performed by others.
- Ensure that the operation people on site receive all useful data in form of reports, manuals, drawings.
- Follow up activities onshore or in any construction place deemed necessary by the project.
- All the above activities could be performed with different level of deepness for Project or Bid assistance performance.
- Ensure the Management of Outsourced Engineering with Subcontractors.
- You have an Engineering Degree;
- You have at least 10 years of experience as a methods engineer or 5 years;
- You know the principles of processes and equipment used in the oil & gas industry;
- You can use Office tools (Word, Excel, and Access) and AUTOCAD (or any other plan creation software);
- You know lean management.