Pipeline Engineer Job description
- Review Client's technical documentation and requirements.
- Ensure an adequate standard of technical documentation and contribute in updating Company standards.
- Review the Client’s technical documents during the bid phase.
- Prepare the design basis/CTRs for the pipeline design and interface with the relative process and structures and installation.
- Prepare the technical specifications and data sheets for material purchasing.
- Check the results of surveys carried out by sub-contractors.
- Optimize the laying route.
- Assist with the selection of laying spread/methods and perform/review installation design analysis for the pipeline system.
- Oversee the bid evaluation and procurements phases.
- Compile the alignment sheets and design manual.
- Verify and act upon the remarks of the Client/Certifying Body.
- Assist the pipeline lead or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting the procurement department
- Perform/verify all discipline analyses and calculation notes required to design the pipelines system, including the engineering activities of third parties/sub-contractors.
- Define standards and procedures for the relative engineering area and contribute to software evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineerig from an accredited university.
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration would be desirable but is not essential.
- Nine years’ post-graduate experience in the field of pipeline design, construction and operation.
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and practice of ASME B31.4 & 8 and applicable pipelines ASME standards, design, construction, operation, pipelines analysis.