Piping & Layout Lead Job description
Tender and job start-up:
- Acquires and understands the Project goals from Contract, specific documentation and the kick-off meeting.
- Sets up the procedure for the control of Discipline activities.
- Contributes to define the Discipline list of activities, list of deliverables and time schedule in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Estimates quantities or validate estimation done by other specialist of the team.
- Produces a detailed list of in / out critical information to be closely monitored by PEM for a correct course of the project.
- Produces the methodologies / Design Premises comprehensive of all necessary data, general and specific design guidelines.
- Assists the Discipline Coordinator in the Project team of Specialists set up and in verifying the effectiveness of working instruments.
Project Execution and Job progress and completion:
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements and the contractual obligations.
- Takes any corrective action within the Specialists group necessary for this purpose or report to PEM for more extensive problems.
- Is the technical reference for Specialists and Designers and ensure the participation to the interdisciplinary activities.
- Monitors and reports actual progress including 3D / check for Piping and Layout D activities, including control of men-hours and delivered documents; particular care is required for sub-contracted activities.
- Coordinates the evaluation of the design changes to the original scope of work and verify the implementation of those approved.
- Is aware and keeps track of all interface ( in / out ) information.
- Checks and signs all produced documents (internal or subcontracted) like design reports, technical specifications, drawings, etc.
- Attends to internal review activities and inter-discipline check meetings.
- Provides technical support to Project group.
- Provides technical support to Procurement, Subcontracting and Construction activities included in the scope of work Reports to the Project staff and to the Client whenever required.
- Ensures follow-up activities.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field, MS preferred.
- 12+ years progressive mechanical and piping design experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- 2+ years experience as Engineering Supervisor or Lead
- Knowledge of current Design codes for equipment and piping systems.
- Strong attention to detail and capable of performing detailed technical document and drawing checking as the job requires significant exposure to vendor document review, detailed assessment of vendor design accuracy and specification compliance.
- Computer Skills: MS Office with working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Familiarity with industry standard design and analysis software for stress analysis.