Piping Material Engineer Job description
- Is responsible for the quality, budget and respect of project schedule for piping material tasks
- Reviews the Client’s technical documentation and requirements
- Is responsible for the design of all piping components
- Issues project piping material specification and piping components data sheets
- Performs wall thickness calculations of pipes
- Issues technical part of requisitions for all piping components calls for tender
- Issues technical bid evaluation for all piping components offers
- Issues technical part of requisitions for all piping components purchase orders
- Reviews and approves vendors documents
- Maintains project technical files and update Company standards
- Performs the inter-disciplines checking for the part of documents in accordance with the scope of piping material section
- Checks sub-contracted discipline engineering documents in accordance with the scope of piping material section
- Checks documents issued by piping material engineers
- Checks the material take off issued by the drafting office
- Is responsible for the establishment of the Marian data base
- Assists inspection department
- Assists P&ID’ section preparation
- Prepares mechanical valve data sheets for body of motorized valves
- Informs on a permanent basis the Project Piping and Layout leader of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk.
- Issues the part of the REX (feedback report) in accordance with the scope of piping material section after contract completion
- A degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering with at least 5-7 years experience in major oil/gas projects in the capacity of Piping Material and Specification Engineer in 3D detailed engineering environment.
- Should have extensive expertise in developing piping material specification in SP3D.
- Must be fully knowledgeable about National & International codes and standards for this discipline.
- Knowledge of Pipeline design codes ASME B31.4 & B31.8 would be added advantage
- Good reporting skills