Process Lead Job description
In the case of call for tender:
- Analyzes the technical documents (specifications, calculation notes, drawings, etc.) in order to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks.
- Sets up and issue the necessary clarification requests during the proposal phase as well as the qualifications included in the bid.
- Seeks as far as possible solutions which can bring overall savings to the project.
- Estimates quantities or validate estimation done by other specialist of the team.
- Estimates the budget required for the studies completion
- Sets up the schedule of the execution studies and the associated plan for resources mobilization.
In the case of project execution:
- Analyzes the project technical documents in order to validate consistency between the budget, resources and means allocated for the work completion and the targets to be met.
- Makes the Project Engineering Manager aware of the modifications or anticipated difficulties for meeting Client requirements.
- Identifies project hot spots, criticalities and activity priorities.
- Organizes the work of the team and write the project procedures for the execution and controls of the structural studies.
- Defines and follows-up the planning of resources mobilization.
- Writes or supervises the writing of the Structural Design Brief (the technical roadmap for the discipline engineering activities).
- Co-ordinates the engineering activities of the team members throughout the project with a permanent concern for optimization of quality, costs and schedule criteria.
- Manages the different interfaces by co-ordinating the activities of the team with all the other stakeholders on the project (other engineering disciplines, project team, working sites, construction, installation, etc.)
- Controls the input data for the team activities and check/review all the documents issued by the team
- Supervises the writing of specifications and requisitions as well as technical bid evaluations.
- Informs on a permanent basis the Project Engineering Manager and if required the Project Manager of any foreseen technical or financial or delay risk.
- Feeds the Offshore Structural Department improvement system by reverting the lessons learned during the project.
- Defines or reviews the contractual performance guarantees and associated liabilities
- Participates to HAZOP and SIL reviews
- 1Conducts performance tests and elaborates acceptance test report
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the oil and gas plants Design and Engineering.
- Proven supervisory track record
- Planning & organizing skills
- Thorough understanding of Engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge and expertise in using process-engineering software like HYSIS, PIPESIM essential
- Proficiency in guiding Process Engineers working for him
- Have skill of coordinating with other disciplines and clients.
- Proven skills in routine process calculations and use of process software and in-house developed spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of relevant engineering codes and standards.
- Good command of written and spoken English and report writing.
- Good technical knowledge and skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship.
- Good optimization skills.
- Should be familiar with safety studies like HAZOP, HAZID, and SIMOPS etc.