Steal Works Lead Job description
- Defines the list of activities, list of deliverables and their dates of issue in accordance with contract requirements and time schedule
- Issues the steel structure design philosophies and updates applicable general specifications
- Prepares and performs the discipline design review
- Attends inter-discipline design reviews and coordination meetings
- Manages and is the technical reference for steelworks engineers, designers and draftsmen
- Controls and signs all structural steel deliverables
- Controls and manages subcontracted activities.
- Ensures the achievement of assigned goals and the fulfillment of the project quality requirements, the contractual obligations and Company HSE commitments
- Takes any corrective action within steel structure group necessary for this purpose
- Reports to project PEM and to discipline head of department whenever required
- Controls and reports steel structure design activities progress
- Calculates and monitors performance indicators
- Co-ordinates with other discipline specialists and obtains input necessary to perform the steel structural design
- Takes care of any modification of contract scope and issues trend notices when necessary
- Issues the REX (feedback dossier) at the end of project engineering phase
- Relevant engineering degree and professional services or related engineering background preferred
- Engineer MIStructE or MICE
- Experience in structural design particularly at the soil/structure interface including: civil engineering structures to water and energy sector, retention structures, foundations.
- Fully conversant with current structural Eurocodes (EC 0-3)
- Contractor Client D&C experience to provide entrepreneurial contractor sympathetic designs from team;
- Precast concrete project &/or design experience
- Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
- Capability with ROBOT, MasterSeries, TEDDS software (or sim) plus BIM project experience (e.g.REVIT).