System & Telecom Engineer Job description
- Reviews Client's technical documentation and requirements.
- Controls subcontracted discipline engineering documents.
- Defines engineering requirements.
- Prepares the technical documentation for systems and telecommunication requisitions and performs the technical evaluations.
- Provides technical support to Project group.
- Optimizes systems ensuring minimal cost and simplification in compliance with the required performance.
- Prepares specification of Telecom systems.
- Prepares telecommunication equipment data sheets.
- Prepares specification of systems (safety, ESD, F&G).
- Prepares functional analysis (control, ESD, F&G...).
- Prepares systems and telecommunication material take-off.
- Implements detail engineering activities (layouts, routings, supports...).
- Performs the F.A.T. (Factory Acceptance Test)
- Master's degree in an Engineering field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in controls design.
- Knowledge and application of advanced model-based control methodologies, including optimization-based control algorithms.
- Expertise in at least one of the following: modeling of dynamic systems (first principles and identification), model-based control design, model-based estimation, real-time optimization and model predictive control.
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink, C, C++.
- Demonstrated experience (algorithm development and software implementation) in developing optimization-based control solutions for complex physical systems (e.g. mechanical systems, chemical plants, power systems, transportation).