Transportation Coordinator Job description
- Responsible for the activities associated with the transportation of products from suppliers into the network.
- Optimize transport planning in the most efficient way for customer and stakeholders
- Maintain proper and accurate Pre-Shipment and Post-shipment Administration
- Track and Trace
- Proof of Delivery
- Over, short, and damaged shipment issues
- Evaluates, records, and responds to additional/special service requests (i.e. lift-gate, inside delivery, etc.)
- Work with transportation providers and freight payment team to ensure proper accessorial cost and flows
- Handle damage and loss claims
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues
- Ensure correct estimates in transport planning system
- Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and follow on discrepancies with suppliers and Customer Service
- Stakeholder management; adequately and proactively inform Customer Service departments, Global Service Centers and suppliers
- 2-4 years of experience in related field
- Degree in transportation or a related field preferred.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent in English and Dutch. Other European languages is a big plus
- Functional knowledge in Supply Chain
- Preferably knowledge of import and export
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Problem solving
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Software skills such as Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint, and SAP highly preferred