Job Interview questions for Administration & Secretarial positions
Usual questions to expect during interview for Administration & Secretarial Jobs
- Please describe, in what way you managed the schedule of your former superior.
- How would you describe your skill to orgnize and manage time and resources? How do you prioritize your tasks?
- Did you ever experience difficulties in the organization of a meeting? What caused the difficulties?
- In what situation in the past did you have to deal with a stressful and tight timeframe? How did you handle the situation?
- What computer programs are you familiar with? With which programmes did you work most in your former position?
- How would you handle situation with a difficult and demanding business partner?
- Are you comfortable with working together with other departments?
- Imagine a situation, in which you had to convince your superior of a different view. How did you do it? Have you been successful?
- How do you ensure the faultlessness of projects that include a large amout of data?
- What do you do to document and report the steps and outcomes of your work as well as the resources you used?
- Can you describe how your work experience relates to this job.
- What software packages are you proficient in?
- What sort of documents have you produced on Excel?
- What sort of word documents have you been responsible for typing?
- What experience do you have with planning meetings?
- Are you comfortable using a phone with multiple lines and handling a high volume of telephone calls?
- How do you feel about working in a team environment?
- What is your greatest strength and how will it help your performance in this position?
- How do you prioritizing your work?
- What sort of correspondence were you responsible for generating?
- What kind of inquiries did you have to respond?
- Can you describe what record-keeping you were responsible for.
- What kind of confidential information did you deal with?
- How did you deal with this confidential information?
- What kind of supervisor or manager/s you worked for?
- What was it like working for your supervisor?
- What do you expect from a supervisor?
- Describe how you handled your manager's work schedule.
- How would you feel supervising two or three other employees?