Job Interview questions for Engineering positions
- Why are you interested in working for this organization?
- What strengths would you bring to this organization? What would you consider a weakness?
- What are your short term and long term career goals?
- Why should we hire you over other applicants?
- In what ways do you think you could contribute to our organization?
- What motivates you?
- Describe the project or situation which best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
- Tell me about a time where you played a leadership role on a team project.
- Tell me about the most challenging engineering project that you have been involved with during past year.
- Give me an example of a time in which you were effective in doing away with “emergencies” and “surprises” during daily activities.
- Tell us about a time when you were particularly effective on prioritizing tasks to complete a project on schedule.
- Tell me about a time when you became aware of a hazardous workplace condition. How did you handle it?
- For what advice or assistance do other colleagues would turn to you?
- What personal characteristics do you feel are necessary to be a successful professional.
- Tell me about a time when you surpassed all expectations by going “above and beyond” for a client.
- Describe an experience with a difficult client. How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?