Job Interview questions for Customer Support positions
Usual questions to expect during interview for Customer Support Jobs
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a customer support represantative?
- What have you done to become a better customer service representative?
- What qualifications do you have that make you suitable for this position?
- What are the top qualities everyone who works in customer service needs to succeed?
- Why would you be a good fit for our company as a customer service representative?
- What do you know about our products and services?
- What have you done at your previous company to increase revenues, reduce costs or save time?
- What makes you a team player?
- Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
- What, in your opinion, makes good customer service?
- Do you remember a customer's issue you weren't able to solve? What made it impossible for you to find a solution and how did you behave towards the client?
- How would you deal with an upset or even angry customer who's constantly insulting you?
- Please imagine a situation in which an important customer has got an urgent order, but you know we cannot keep his timeframe. How would you proceed?
- Do you prefer keeping contact with the client via telephone, e-mail, in person or any other way? What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of the respective channels?
- In your former position, did you ever participate in the improvement of the customer service systems? What did you change and how did you convince others of the necessity of the changes?
- Did you ever use our products or services yourself? What do you think about them and what do you think customers could possibly complain about?
- What would you do, if you don't know the answer to a question?
- Can you remember a situation, in which you have turned the customer's unhappiness into the opposite? What made the customer be upset? How did you change his mood?
- How would you handle a customer that obviously has the wrong view about something?
Interview Questions - Technical Customer Support
- In your eyes, which requirements should be met to fully satisfy a customer or to call a customer support successful?
- How would you handle an incoming complaint of an upset or even angry customer?
- How familiar are you with our products and the respective techniques? Have you ever used our products or similar products by competitors for yourself?
- Did you experience a situation in your last position, in which you haven't been able to solve the customer's problem? What made it impossible to help the customer and how did you handle the situation?
- What do you think common issues about our products would be?
- In your former position, did you ever participate in the improvement of the customer service systems or even the products the customers complain about? How did you convince others of the necessity of the changes?
- What would you do, if you don't know the answer to a question or cannot solve a problem on your own?
- How would you proceed in solving a technical problem? What steps would you follow?
- Would you be able to give training lessons, if necessary?